Saturday, March 29, 2008

Sylvia's Birth

So it has only taken me 4 weeks, but I am finally getting around to posting my pictures of Sylvia. I figured this picture was the best place to start :) We had to arrive at the hospital at 5:30 am for the c-section which started at 7:30 and we didn't get much sleep. Hence this picture...

The anesthesiologist took almost all of the pictures for us while Scott was videotaping. He said what he lacked in photo quality he made up for in quantity. That was definitely true - when I was looking through them he had taken about 150 pictures in about a half hour! I loved it though cause he got shots of so many things that we wouldn't have since we were more caught up in the moment. This one is before I had even seen her and the doctor was cutting the cord...

The surgery started at about 7:30 am (including the spinal and preparation) and she was already here at 7:59 am. Showing Sylvia to me for the first time...

Getting cleaned up...

Since the doctors cut the cord during the surgery, Scott really wasn't able to do the real thing. So here he is cutting the stump :) ...

Scott showing Sylvia to me up close for the first time...

Sylvia weighed in at 7 lbs 8.7 oz...

The doctors putting me back together...

Sylvia getting her footprint card done...

Scott got to hold her for awhile while they finished the surgery up. It is really sad having a c-section because I just wanted to hold her and I couldn't till they were wheeling me to the recovery room...

As soon as they put her in my arms she turned her face to me and started sucking on my cheek. There was no question she was going to be a good eater! Here I am finally holding my baby for the first time...

After taking us to the recovery room, Sylvia got ready for her first bath...

Her first sponge bath from the nurse...

As soon as we got into my regular room, Scott and I just spent some time enjoying our precious girl before we had visitors. But the grandpas and grandmas were pretty excited to meet our little bundle too.

The first picture of our new family (although I hope to get one sometime soon that I would feel better about sharing)...

Grandma Dieleman holding her for the first time...



Nicholas checking out his new sister. He must think its funny that she is screaming her head off :) ...
I have a lot more of her I will share later too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow-- It was so neat that you would share such a special time with us. It looks like everything went so well, we'll be looking for more pictures, and then we are really eager to see her and hold her. Our love to your family. God is so Good. LOve Grandpa and Grandma Zeeff