Monday, March 10, 2008

The Happiest Baby

She has to be the best baby ever! Nicholas is a great kid now, but wasn't the easiest of babies. He cried a lot and I was feeding him almost 12 hours a day for the first 2 weeks! I was exhausted and had prepared myself for this again. So I am still shocked that Sylvia is so content. She just eats and sleeps and smiles a lot. I don't think she has ever just cried unless she is hungry. Hopefully she stays this easy going!

Saturday was Sylvia's first outing - my grandpa's funeral. Not a very fun first outing, but she did great. Hopefully this will be our last funeral for awhile though (2 Grandpas and a Mom in one month is too much)! Nicholas stayed with Grandpa DeBoer and when we got back he actually wanted to hold Sylvia. He sat there and held her hand and kissed her forehead. He was loving it until the cameras came out - then he quickly pushed her away and said 'mo more'. But it was very sweet while it lasted.

Saturday was Sylvia's original due date and it was also Scott and my 6th anniversary. It was funny cause it just didn't seem like an anniversary at all. My mom called to say happy anniversary and we were both like - oh that's right - it is our anniversary today :) He did manage to get out and get me flowers though.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Katie!
Sylvia's smile looks like you, Really!

happy anniversary to you both! May God continue to bless you and your little ones with happiness and comfort during this time of change.

Love to you all!

denise said...

What a sweetheart! She not only looks like you, she seems to have your temperment. You were such a good baby too.
When you're feeling up to it, we will have you over for your anniversary fondue dinner. Congratulations on 6 years and we pray that the coming year will be full of joy. Love Mom

Anna said...

She is amazingly beautiful! Wishing you joy, and the ability to step back and savor every moment!

MiniMe Mom said...

I think she looks like Nicky D! Congrats!

I need to come over and see her, but we have been in sickness mode over here. Such a CUTIE!

Marva's "Marvalous" Memories said...

Sylvia is beautiful and what an adorable smile!! TOO CUTE! I agree with Chelle - she smiles like you. In the hospital I thought she looked like Scott, but now I see more of you. Whoever she looks like - she's adorable! Love ya! Auntie Larvi