Sunday, March 30, 2008

Easter

Well you may have noticed I didn't post any pictures of the kids on Easter . . . that's because I didn't take any. Partially because I didn't think about it (completely unlike me) and partially because the day didn't start out very well. We were all set and ready to go to church - I was finishing getting myself ready and Scott was changing Sylvia before we rushed out the door. Well next thing I knew Scott was covered from his chest to his knees in poop. It had sprayed everywhere including halfway across our bedroom carpet (which is a light cream color). Needless to say we never ended up making it to church that morning. I am still not sure as though Scott finds this story to be funny :) I do!

Well we did manage to make it to Scott's aunt Diane's for a nice dinner. Scott's sisters spoiled Nicholas with an Easter basket that had enough candy and toys in it to last him till next Easter. Then they brought out another bag for Sylvia. I opened it and this is what I found...

They told me they had made it for her and I was amazed! It would have taken me years to do something like this. But that wasn't even the most special part - the patches are actually all pieces of my mother-in-laws clothes. Even though Sylvia never got a chance to meet her, she now has a very special part of her to keep forever!




6 comments:

Triplet Mom said...

That is the most special and beautiful quilt I have ever seen! What a treasure.

Sorry about the poop incident!

Unknown said...

So Sweet! What a great keepsake to have for Sylvia.

Nicole said...

That is THE most amazing gift! How special and thoughtful!

I have heard of people making quilts out of their childrens infant clothes, too.

LCHS 2013 said...

Wow...that is a priceless gift. A true treasure.

Anonymous said...

Love the quilt...a beautiful gift for a beautiful baby. By the way, the poop story is hysterical....minus the carpet aspect. Sorry Scott.

Lia Leenstra said...

Love the blanket/quilt - what a lot of work! What a little blessing you have!! Sylvia is so cute and precious! Thanks for posting the pictures!!